Dental Staff at Douglas Kay, DDS
Dentist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Our Team includes experienced professionals, led by Dr. Douglas Kay. We each share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences.
Our Technical Team includes gentle dental assistants and dental hygenists that are licensed and registered in the state of Illinois. Supporting an office environment that is warm and friendly, our office receptionists greet every patient, and make every attempt to set appointments that can accommodate your personal schedule. They are also at your service to explain and facilitate insurance and financial arrangements.
Our Team's commitment extends beyond your office visits. We stay in touch with phone calls and reminder cards when you have a dental cleaning appointment scheduled. For your convenience we also contact you to remind you of upcoming appointments.
Dr. Douglas Kay
Dentist in Oakbrook Terrace, ILDouglas Kay, DDS
Dr. Douglas Kay continues to keep current in the latest dental techniques and materials by taking extensive continuing education courses on a regular basis.
He has studied many phases of dentistry at home and abroad and was awarded the Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1981 from the University of Paris.
Dr. Kay has been a Course Committee Officer for the Chicago Dental Society Midwinter Meeting for the past several years. There he oversees courses utilizing the latest techniques and materials. Dr. Kay has a published article on the dynamics of the way we bite in the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry and another on placement of gum tissue after surgery. His ability to render comprehensive care, while being especially sensitive to the needs of phobic patients, sets him apart from his colleagues.
Dr. Kay actively participates in these Professional Dental Organizations:
- American Dental Association, Delegate or Alternate at the ADA Annual Convention
- Illinois State Dental Society, Delegate to the State Dental Convention, Mission of Mercy 2010, 2012 and 2014
- Chicago Dental Society, West Suburban Branch Past-President, Course Committee Chairman for the Mid Winter Meeting
- Dental Arts Club of Chicago, Former Director and Past-President
- Independent Dental Organization, Past-President
- Inter Group Council of the Chicago Dental Society, Past-President
- Association des Dentists Americains de Montrouge, Ancien Directeur General
Dr. Kay volunteers to provide services for these organizations:
- The Illinois Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped through the Donated Dental Services Program
- The ADA Clinical Evaluator Panel
- The Mission of Mercy sponsored by the Illinois State Dental Society